cSPACE Projects (cSPACE) was established in 2011 by Calgary Arts Development Authority in partnership with The Calgary Foundation “exclusively to promote, coordinate and facilitate real estate projects that establish affordable facilities, accommodations and education opportunities for artists and registered non-profit organizations operating in the arts or community sector.”
cSPACE’s mission is to connect people and ideas through places that ignite creativity, community, collaboration and change.
Our goals to achieve this mission are:
- To develop multi-disciplinary workspaces that transform the way creative people collaborate.
- To be catalysts in neighborhoods where art, culture and creativity are expressed powerfully through place.
- To incubate successful creative and social enterprise by magnifying the scale, scope and impact of their ideas.
Fundamental to achieving our mission, we value:
- Creativity and the conditions that enable it to thrive – we rethink space as a platform for creative purpose.
- Community and the transformative power of engaged citizens - we connect creativity and community, for the benefit of both.
- Collaboration and the innovation this unlocks - we seek out diverse and meaningful partnerships to shape our projects and amplify their impacts.
- Change and the culture that fosters it – we cultivate a wide view of sustainability to realize impactful ideas.
Calgary Arts Development is the City of Calgary's designated authority for the development of the arts in Calgary and is the municipal granting agency for the not-for-profit arts sector. Formed in March 2005 through the auspices of the 2004 Civic Arts Policy, Calgary Arts Development continues to play a leadership role in realizing the potential of arts and culture in Calgary.
THE CALGARY FOUNDATION
The Calgary Foundation, established in 1955, facilitates collaborative philanthropy by making powerful connections between donors and community organizations for the long term benefit of Calgary and surrounding area. Community foundations are charitable organizations dedicated to improving communities in specific geographical areas. Foundations do this by pooling the charitable gifts of donors to create endowment funds and using the investment income to make grants.